The Benefits of Block Toys for Children and How They Can Help with Development
Block play is a great activity that will help your child develop their creativity. It will encourage them to think outside the box and come up with different structures and designs. It is an activity that they can continue to do as they get older and they will never grow tired of it.
The popularity of block play is on the rise as more and more parents are embracing the activity as an essential part of their child’s early childhood program. Read this article to understand how block play can help your child with their cognitive and social skills.
The Importance Of Block Toys In A Child's Life.
1.Learn about problem solving skills.
Children who play with block toys will learn how to solve problems by trial and error, observation and creativity. These types of skills will help them in their later years when they continue to develop math, science and other critical thinking skills.
2. Develop the ability to use logic and reasoning .
When children are learning how to think logically, they can make better decisions which will become important as they get older.
3. Improve motor development
Children who play with block toys generally have better motor development compared to those who do not play with block toys because they tend to focus on the movements that move a particular toy rather than focusing on things like walking or running around a track or area as is done in many sports activities.
4.Improve hand-eye coordination
As children continue to develop their motor skills and learn how to use tools such as puzzles, blocks can be used in several ways which can help improve hand-eye coordination.
5.Help children to become more creative
Children who play with block toys can experiment and create their own ideas because they are allowed to do so without fear of breaking something or being judged by others for being creative.
Children generally feel good about themselves when they have done well at doing something even if it is just playing with blocks, creating their own toy or building an imaginary structure and then knocking it down.
What is the Best Type of Block Toy for a Child's Development?Here are some general guidelines to choose the best type of Block Toy:
1. If your child is under the age of 1, then you should avoid any toy that has small parts because they can be a choking hazard .
2. When giving your children building blocks as a toy, make sure to look for the right size. Blocks should be small enough for small hands, but big enough that they can easily hold them. Try building a structure out of sticks and see if your child can put the blocks on it. If they struggle, try to find a smaller toy.
3. Block toys generally fall into two categories: stacking (where blocks stack up in rows and columns) and non-stacking (where blocks don't stack). Stacking block toys promote problem solving skills such as planning, sequencing, counting and other critical thinking skills while non-stacking block toys promote creativity through exploration and imagination.
Here is our Recommend Blocks Toy for you.